View Single Post
      03-06-2014, 09:50 AM   #46
RPiM5
Major General
Rep
Drives: Black M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealth.pilot View Post
So you think M is still pissing around with lagged development cycles, instead of co-development cycles like they did with the X5M, M4 and M6 (6 month lag vs 2 year lag)?

If that's the case, then I will buy an AMG or Porsche instead. Don't see the point in waiting 2 years to buy an out of date chassis. The only reason I did it this time is because the AMG offering was shit. However it seems like the next gen of AMGs which are now coming out are going to be pretty cool. They even have HUD now.
Yeah it's all my speculation based on historical evidence with M5's and M6's only. I too hate how the lag is SO long for the ///M Models. If you even look at the new F80/F82 M3/M4, the F30 has been out since Jan 2012 and the F32 since last year. So from the beginning of the introduction of the F30 chassis, it took ///M over 3 years to develop and produce the F80 M3. That's a long time. What's the turn around on AMG models? I really don't know. Oh also, I didn't know that AMG's have HUD now, that's good!

Appreciate 0