03-25-2014, 11:05 AM   #31
uhn2000
Big K...
Canada
Rep
Drives: M3CS BX7

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealth.pilot View Post
Obiously I'm asking rhetorical questions.

I find Porsche is pretty backward when it comes to tech and engines. Once they start to gain access to Audi's tech, I will start to consider a Panny instead of an M5. Until then, it's no context imo.

My guess is that the next gen GTS will have the Audi S8 engine and it will be glorious.
The V8 GTS is almost as good as a V8-R8... sounds insane and performs so well. Having the Cayenne and R8 I will admit that Porsche's tech is different but not inferior to Audi's. I love the touch PCM interface they have - its fast, easy to use, and right to the point. BMW definitely takes the cake when it comes to total tech package but having owned the M5 for 2 years now I am ready to go back to NA engines.. not sure how long they will be around for but the Turbo life is not for me. Yes I know its the future but so are electrical cars and self driving ones too - right now there are options so I am going to jump on them. No need for a 4 door as much anymore next its either going to be a C4S or a Panamera GTS (if I can get past the looks) - now need to make some more $$