headlee103
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: e90 335xi

Garage List
2007 328xi  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by OC 335i View Post
Yeah you're way biased and WAY off base.

GSP has two of the best coaches in his camp. John Danaher and Greg Jackson. You let them coach in the fights. GSP isn't looking for workouts for himself, that's either a really biased viewpoint or you know nothing about training. When a fighter or trainer rolls with a fighter, he finds out what their weaknesses are. Since they are only in TUF for about 6 weeks, you can't change their whole game. You find out what their weaknesses/strengths are and you tweak the details. The minor details to starting or finishing a move/transition are really important at this level.

Nam Phan said himself that Koscheck is a really down to earth guy and don't believe what the media portrays, so I understand that.
Well I do happen to know alittle bit about training, and probably a tad more than just about anyone on this board so I do have a slight idea what's goin on. I do agree with you that the fighters can learn a great deal from rolling with GSP and that's at any level. The feels, and different looks you get from superior athletes like GSP or Koscheck are second to none. And yes I know they both have great coaches to accompany them, butits TV that's pretty much my only point. I'm pretty sure that the UFC hired GSP to be the head coach and actually talk... not just leave it to assistants.

All of the fighters I'm sure got 10x better in thr 6 weeks that they were there. Just a slight coaching difference I pointed out that's all

2007 AW 328xi
SOLD
19" Gunmetal Forgestar F14's / H & R Sport Springs / OEM Aero Lip & Rear Bumper / RD-V2 Angel Eyes / AFE CAI / BMS PBX
Appreciate 0