General
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 335D E90

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by headlee103 View Post
Well I do happen to know alittle bit about training, and probably a tad more than just about anyone on this board so I do have a slight idea what's goin on. I do agree with you that the fighters can learn a great deal from rolling with GSP and that's at any level. The feels, and different looks you get from superior athletes like GSP or Koscheck are second to none. And yes I know they both have great coaches to accompany them, butits TV that's pretty much my only point. I'm pretty sure that the UFC hired GSP to be the head coach and actually talk... not just leave it to assistants.

All of the fighters I'm sure got 10x better in thr 6 weeks that they were there. Just a slight coaching difference I pointed out that's all
Cool man, do you fight? Or what's your background? Not trying to whip them out and compare here but I know quite a few fighters myself (one of my friends and former wrestling teammates is a pro fighter/teacher) and I train, just not on the professional level.

My point is, I think GSP can assist them better by rolling with them and giving them pointers and letting his staff that is better equipped to manage during a fight than them trying to understand what he is saying from 10 feet away. I do not think it is fair to say GSP does not care or is only looking for sparring partners at this point.

Even Dave Camarillo (who is a great trainer) said John Danaher is a better teacher than he is. That's saying a lot.

Let's play devil's advocate here, if you were on Koscheck's team, who would you rather have throw you advice, Kos himself or Greg Jackson (assuming they are on the same team)?

Current: 2010 Alpine White 335D LCI l 19" BBS LMs l KW V2 Coilovers l BMW Performance Grilles l MSport Front/Rear l Karbonwerke Trunk l F1 Pinnacle Tint 35% Former: E92 Space Grey 335i Latest pics
Appreciate 0