View Single Post
      02-16-2012, 02:20 PM   #48
Gubbins
Private
Rep
Drives: 2014 M6GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q4P View Post
Who comes up with these unfounded comparisons in the UK is beyond me? These are 2 different cars for 2 completely different situations, the only comparisons I see are that both cars have 4 wheels and a steering wheel, might have as well just thrown a corolla in there.
Yes, on first glance it does look like a crazy comparison, but as he points out, they really are very similar. The twin turbo grunt and twin clutch transmissions form the soul of both cars. They are at a similar price point now, and it is quite possible that someone could be shopping both cars. In my case, I am definitely very seriously considering getting the F10 M5 myself to go along with my 2012 GT-R. I personally am VERY EXCITED by the direction of the new M cars, since I have become completely addicted to the massive torque and low end horsepower and if I can have that in an M5 with the higher level of refinement then that sounds like a clear winner to me. Having to wind an engine up to 8000 RPM to get any kind of performance was exciting to me the first few times, but no longer (I have a 2011 E90 M3 daily driver so am all too familiar with that).

I also liked the fact that he ridiculed the comparing the GT-R to a video game. Some reviewer said that early on, and that same old tired cliche keeps getting repeated ad nauseum usually by people who have never driven the car.

Excellent review, and it has pretty much guaranteed that I will be looking at the F10 M5 to replace my E90 M3 when it is available here.
Appreciate 0