Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '15 CP M5

Garage List
2015 BMW 528i  [0.00]
2013 BMW M5  [0.00]
2014 BMW 550i  [0.00]
2015 BMW CP M5  [0.00]
Any recent solutions for CEL light Catless DP without a tune?

2015 comp m5

So I have been trying to read through all of the threads that I can for this issue. So far I have come to the following possible answers for certain common questions:

1. JB4 can no longer auto delete the CEL due to firmware updates? It was also only broad deleting codes including the cat light every time it came on.

2. The o2 loop is what causes the light so a flash is the only true way to delete said process and truly remove the light?

3. The cold start process is mainly (or all) for quicker warm up with the cats so going catless means no cold start needed?

Has anyone offered a copy of the stock settings with just the o2 loop removed as a basic flash? I swear I came across a site while browsing that had a list of certain "small" flashes to simply remove features not wanted that required flashing, but for the life of me I cant remember where. It had a list of obd adapter pics and ranged $50 - x amount of dollars. Cold Start Delete, Catless Delete, Speed limit removal. I basically want to buy a stage 1/2 tune with all 3 of those features added but without the tune lol. Any recent news about running too lean/rich when going catless and no tune?

Installs are happening Thursday and I'll post updates. I'm having a dyno done to show stock numbers, and I'll do it again in maybe 800 - 1000 miles to see what kind of effect these AMS DPs have with no tune.
Appreciate 0