View Single Post
      02-13-2011, 10:02 AM   #40
quagmire
I am Gundam
Rep
Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS

I went to GM's Main Street in Motion recently which had most of their vehicles and some of the competitions.

2011 Chevrolet Cruze- Finally GM does a good compact car. The model they had was with the 1.4 liter Turbo and it powered the vehicle nicely. Steering was nicely weighted. Biggest issue was the manual mode. When you upshift with full throttle, the car lurches and throws you forward and then when it shifts into 2nd gear, it pushes you back into the seat. It's slow to respond and shift. Nothing like the ZF unit in the 335i. For me, not a too big of a factor to ruin the car.

2011 Buick Regal Turbo- I love it. It's very planted and you can tell this thing was designed for the Autobahn. It has nice acceleration over the 2.4 liter model. Although it does suffer from a bit of turbo lag and as the engine spins faster, the turbo gets noisy. I would still buy it though.

2011 Buick LaCrosse CXS- It's a nice vehicle. I would choose the Regal over the LaCrosse because the Regal is more sporty, but this thing isn't bad at all.

2011 Chevrolet Volt- I love it. The engine is not audible inside when under normal conditions. If you step on it, the engine will rev faster to provide more juice and it becomes audible inside the vehicle, but very pleasant. Need $41,000.......

2011 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD/ GMC Sierra Denali HD- Very nice trucks with the Duramax diesel. Pulls nicely and is stable over obstacles. We know already that GM does good trucks......

2011 Ford F-250- That Scorpion diesel is quiet! Quieter then the Duramax. Pulls very well with that 800 lb.-ft of torque. Feels faster than the GM trucks.

2011 Dodge Ram 2500- The Cummins is just a let down after driving the GM's and Ford's powerful diesels. Dodge has finally caught up sort of with the new Cummins with 800 lb.-ft of torque thankfully.

2011 Acura TL- That SH-AWD surely is nice. Keeps the car planted. Though like every Honda, the engine is gutless below 5000 RPM.

2011 Acura TSX- Very nice. But, like I mentioned above, gutless below 5000 RPM.

2011 Ford Explorer- Not a fan of the exterior, but the interior is nice. Though the seating position is very weird. I couldn't get 100% comfortable. Noticed this with others as well. Spent awhile fiddling with the seats. Drove nicely.

2011 Toyota Camry- Meh. Worst car EVER! Rolls, doesn't hold you into the seat, light and vague steering. I feel bad for people who buy Camry's...... Even as an appliance vehicle, I can't stand it.

2011 Chevrolet Camaro SS- It's a good vehicle. Powerful and handles decently. Though it does exhibit some body roll. We were limited to two rides total at the performance course, so I ended up regretting driving the Camaro. Not to detract from the Camaro, but I would rather have driven the 'Vette twice.

2011 Chevrolet Corvette GS Coupe- OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Fast, handles beautifully, etc. Floor it down the straight the thing is just a rocket. Brakes slow the thing down very well enter the curve and told to floor it to exit the bend, barrel down to the next curve and repeat. Very little body roll and that LS3 just sounds wonderful. I wish I did my two rides in this thing......
Appreciate 0