12-30-2014, 02:32 PM   #5
JR429
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: W212, GTR, 997 TT; F10 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quickslide View Post
Hi Everyone,

So I have had my 2013 M5 now for about 4 months and I must say it is a fantastic car. I was sure that I would regret trading in my V10 R8 for it but I have never looked back, what a fantastic machine!!

The only issue I have however, although it may seem minor to some people is that the brakes are horrendously noisy when doing everyday braking.

The car is only really used for the work commute so only does maybe 200 miles a month and is driven about 4-5 times a week.

The noise that is coming from the brakes is the very high pitch 'squeel' that you get when your pads need to be changed. I took the car back to the garage where I bought it from and they said that basically the pads are high performance and if they are not getting up to high enough temperatures they will 'glaze over' which creates this squeeling noise.

The pads are fine and there is plenty left on them (car has done 9k miles).

Are they talking bollocks or is this a legitimate issue that I just have to live with??

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. This is the only thing that is a thorn in the side when driving the car, everything else is amazing.
Try "bedding" the brakes by going to 60mph, 50mph, 40mph, 30mph hard stops. Usually this will take care of it.