View Single Post
      02-07-2014, 08:07 AM   #10
RealStig
Banned
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLFFRR View Post
Actually last BMW committee meeting I went to each of the 12 dealers that were present all had list over 25+ people for each model. This forum although large is only a very very small representation of the BMW community. Believe it or not most of Davids sales are out of state.

Either way yes there are dealers out there who have little to no one on their list which is awesome. Either way if you want one IMO I would get on a list. Its just advice take it if you like
Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't each dealership receive X number of allocations and they are all treated equally? Or is it first come first serve? If it's first come first serve, does the queue start when BMW announces the prices and opens up the orders officially OR does it actually start months ago maybe somehow there is an intermediate system in US to keep future orders?

If it's just the case that every dealer gets 1-2 allocations a month, I don't think there is a difference between a guy who orders in December with a deposit or a guy who finds a dealer who is clueless with no waiting list and orders in April. Again, I might be completely wrong.
Appreciate 0