Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 991.1 911 GTS, '16 F85 X5M

Garage List
2013 BMW ///M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlammedM6 View Post
Not sure who your salesman is, but in my experience with 5+ salesman at BMW, I am the one usually giving them info about new models. Unless they are car (BMW) enthusiasts and frequent a site like this one, they are usually last to find out about these changes coming.

So anything he tells you is either bs or misinformed...so take it with a grain of salt!

FYI, as per the first page. the The F10 LCI will begin deliveries in August/September of 2013. So if your planning on doing ED in March, you won't be seeing the LCI Model yet. But if I were you, I would wait a few months because if the LCI gets the improved steering wheel and other minor details...then I would say it is worth the wait.

Also, please see see this comment from above by another member here:
My advisor actually is an enthusiast, thats why I chose to go over 60 miles away to buy from him. He drives an X6 with some substantial Dinan work done to it and has had bmw's his whole life. Turns out he is a fellow Boston College Eagle as well, although class of '74 versus my class of '98. My past sales guys have all been clueless, which is another reason I was willing to travel. I actually found him through his colleague, who was on this board until he went to sell AMGs (BMW1986).

I dont plan on waiting until the summer, I want out of my C63 in March when my warranty expires and going to Europe fall isnt possible with my wife's work and i have other trips in summer. Looking at the changes, if they even happen, it seems to be minimal imo. I can live with them, but still rolling the dice that changes are not drastic.