11-15-2012, 02:53 PM   #4
jphughan
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 Cayman GT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by krispykreme View Post
My car picked up minor damage on the diffuser while during ED( i thought it was part of bumper assembly).

I had no damage on the bumper when i dropped off, the damage was on diffuser.

I just don't understand why BMW replaced bumper (it was not damaged in first place) but not the diffuser which has the actual damage.
Ok, still a little confused here. So the diffuser was damaged during ED while it was in YOUR possession? If that's the case, why on earth would you expect that the VPC would fix it? I'm actually not surprised at all that they didn't fix it under those circumstances; that was probably documented as existing damage when you dropped it off. The VPC's job isn't to restore a car to brand new state if it's an ED car, only to repair damages incurred while it was under BMW's care. BMW isn't going to pay to fix something that you broke. Apologies if I've misunderstood that part.

As for the bumper, maybe your bumper was damaged by BMW at some point when they had it after you dropped it off, e.g. backing RPI's car into the rear of yours. But whatever the cause, you got a new bumper for some reason, and BMW chose not to fix something that you broke. I don't see the problem.

Last edited by jphughan; 11-15-2012 at 02:59 PM..
Appreciate 0