08-11-2014, 05:47 PM   #20
mwlmd
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Porsche 991 TTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPiM5 View Post
I completely agree with you brother. If some hot rod wants to pass, absolutely I move over to the right lane in my F10 M5 for them, i.e. if they are driving anything with a sporty character to it; Audi S4, Corvette, BMW 335i, McLaren MP4-12C, Subaru STi, etc, etc... However, those jackasses, who get on my ass while I'm already doing 90mph in a 65mph zone in the left lane, in their Ford F150, Honda Civic, or Chevy Spark, hell no I don't move over. I'm in a 700+hp M5 driving at comfortable America law breaking speed that is designed to do those kind of speeds on the Autobahn, they don't need to pass me because that means they'll be doing close to 100mph in a car that is not safe at those speeds in order to pass me even if I do move over. No non-high performance car needs to drive over 90mph in America. Even when I owned my base Fiat 500 (with 100hp) I always drove the speed limit, never tried to pass anyone at 100mph in that thing, it could barely even get up to 85mph. Lol! There's just too many bad drivers out there who are truly speeding in my own opinion. Doing 150mph in an RS7 is not speeding, the car was designed for that and it can stop on a dime if need be. The woman texting in her 6,000+lbs Ford Expedition with those pathetic brakes is far more dangerous at 70mph tailgating people in the left lane. Anyways, I digress as well. American drivers are truly hypocrites, it is not socially acceptable to tailgate, yet everyone does it and the people who do it, literally do not care.

Disclaimer: I make all these statements in general regardless of country. In America doing even 1mph over the posted speed limit is speeding because that is the written law.

Also, to Bokke, post those pictures you took of the Carbon Brakes service intervals, too funny!
Not yielding to faster traffic in the left lane makes you part of the problem rather than part of the solution.

As damaging as it may be to your ego, pull over and let the minivan pass if it is traveling faster than you are!!!!!

For all you know they might be rushing to a hospital...or late to pick up a kid at soccer. LOL
Hers: BMW X3MC
BSM/Black
Appreciate 0