View Single Post
      08-16-2013, 11:14 AM   #1
DrKevM5
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: G05 X5, F87 M2

ExhaustMeister Installed

Unlike most of the guys on this board, I'm not that dissatisfied with the stock exhaust note. As an owner of the last three iterations of the M5 series, the biggest appeal of this car has been the somewhat stealthiness of it. Velvet Hammer or Quiet Storm. Admire me at the stop light, but the saying "don't start none, won't be none" comes to mind. I don't like to announce my presence too much. My issue with the exhaust note was not so much volume but tone. Wanted it deeper, more aggressive. One night, I followed my car while my wife was driving and was amazed at how often the exhaust valve operated. Closed more often than opened. When we got home, I took a screwdriver and opened the valve an was amazed at how much better it sounded. Enter the ExhaustMeister. I saw this device advertised in the Sponsors Classified forum and was intrigued. You remotely control the valve! I contacted them and they were extremely helpful. They hadn't tried it on an M5, but within a week they had located one and posted excellent installation instructions on their website. I figured for the relatively small price they were asking I'd try it. The quality of the harness is excellent. Looks OEM. Took me 15 minutes for installation. The sound improvement is amazing! Comparable to Eisenmann Sport. Without the $4k okey-doke. Seriously. And of course no drone, as it's the stock exhaust. And I can control the sound with a push of a button. Pulled into the hospital this morning and a guy says "that car sounds awesome". NEVER got that from stock. Hope to post sound clips this weekend. Happy camper.
Appreciate 0