View Single Post
      12-28-2018, 09:01 PM   #6
BDG671
Guam
Rep
Drives: 2013 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JtheW View Post
I had this happen to me a couple of months ago. I've got catless DPs and a tune from ESS. After I had meth installed I got a dt malfunction when I got on it to pass a car in traffic.. I was in sport plus engine and trans. The shop adjusted when the meth sprayed and also changed my plugs and coil packs and that helped. Then took it on a drive up in the mountains and i kept getting dt malfunction. The shop then adjusted the gap on the plugs to a smaller gap and it's been perfect since then.
I'm not sure if any of this is helpful to you but I hope you get it all straightened out so that you can fully enjoy the car.
Good to know! I'm completely stock with mine.

I got the news from the dealership today. They said that there was a misfire on cylinder 4. They recommended that I change the spark plugs and coils since I'm at about 58k miles. There was also a leak found on the turbo coolant lines(?). Here's the crazy part.... warranty doesn't cover the coolant lines and will only cover coils. NOT spark plugs since they are considered a regular service item. Definitely going to take this back to the dealership I bought the car from and work something out with them. On to the next day. Cheers!
Appreciate 0