View Single Post
      03-18-2014, 08:40 AM   #108
Tom C
Captain
Rep
Drives: M8 GC Comp, Shelby GT500

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-bitious View Post
Got back from PP Performance Germany. First we put my Manhart Racing MH5S on the MAHA dyno to see if the power is really there. Well it was less than what they said, so not as much as when they dynoed the car on their Dynojet. I guess the Maha is the only dyno giving true figures.

The car made 706.3 bhp at the crank. Then we took out the Manhart parts, went catless downpipes and installed PP Performance parts and remapped the ecu's again. Car now makes 790.5 bhp at the crank and feels a lot more powerful. So far no cell at all. The 155 mph limiter is gone.

I wanted to test if I could go over 190 mph, but traffic didn't allow me more than 180 mph. I don't have official proof yet that the old M Drivers pack limiter is gone (although BMW said it is, since it was downgraded to 155 mph). But 200 mph is a serious speed and I don't want to jeopardise my or anyone elses life.

Conclusion: PP Performance created one serious M5 with loads of power, no cell and most likely no speed limiter.
Thanks for sharing! What were the whp results? Maha dynos read lower than a Dynojet so it isn't so much a "true" figure as it is a different one.
Appreciate 0