View Single Post
      12-28-2015, 11:37 PM   #1
m5james
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '10 X5M Alpine White on Sakhir

Muffler delete vs boost actuated exhaust cutouts

Hope you're all still having fun on your holidays.

So I was thinking about an exhaust cutout vs doing a muffler delete because I'd prefer to avoid the drone for daily driving...doing catless downpipes and ziptied open muffler valves has already added some drone as is. My biggest reason for wanting to do a muffler delete is for larger tips (I've already bought the tubing and tips) and to hear the turbos better, but this might be my happy medium of more power when needed while keeping it DD quiet and not obnoxious.

My other question is more technical in what do you guys think about routing the exhaust valve vacuum lines to control the cutouts? My exhaust valves haven't been hooked up since I got it, so I'm not sure if the valves open the second I hit the M button, after a certain PSI or if I'm only WOT.

Attached Images

Appreciate 0