Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by m5james View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13M5F10 View Post
On the M5 it doesn't have an X Pipe and the resonators are side by side in the mid section.

Muffler delete will definitely increase noise levels but the resonated X pipe makes it perfect.

What you could do is replace your stock resonators with aftermarket like vibrant and add an X pipe. This should help a ton. The stock resonators suck
Looking at your pics to find a muffler/resonator that's got 3" in/out...you've got a factory x-pipe installed just behind your resonator that's partially covered by the exhaust brace
I've asked this question on his other post and trying to clarify, even messaged him... no response. As you stated his picture shows the oem xpipe still in place behind the brace and the oem resonators replaced with the 2.5" Resonated xpipe. It appears he has 2 xpipes nearly back to back. I'm confused... plus I would think the 3>2.5>3 in flow in itself would pinch performance.

I have catless downpipes and a muffler delete running 700whp. I'm going crazy trying to find the perfect solution to remove the drone and NOT hurt horsepower numbers. This looked like a viable option until I noticed the 2 xpipe pic. Maybe he straight pipes the oem xpipe after the Magnaflow Resonated xpipe was put in place of the oem resonators.

If you can find a 3" Resonated Xpipe please let me know.
2013 F10 M5 - AMS Catless Downpipes - MSR Intakes and Charge Pipes - SSP Spec R carbon clutch w/ baskets - Vorsteiner V-FF 105 20" forged rims - 315 Toyo R888Rs - AWE Diamond Black Touring exhaust - DME TUNING Stage 3 tune - Cold Start Delete - CF Rear Diffuser, and CF eyelids.
Appreciate 0