Knight Commander
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2014 911 Turbo S

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Virr View Post
That's quite some maintaining.

BMW techs who leaves dark oily fingerprints - what a horrible thought.

Got any fresh pictures of your interiour?

Thank you in advance..
It's not that much maintenance. You see, I didn't maintain my black leather at all. And what happened is after about 2 years I saw crease lines in the leather, and after about 4 years I saw cracking on the bolsters. On the other hand my lighter leathers still look new because of the conditioning I provide. I don't condition the leather to keep them clean. I condition them to keep them looking fresh. Heat and UV is terrible for skin,and if you park a car in the sun as sometimes we do in Florida, then it is really bad for the skin. I would therefore do this routine regardless of the color.

My cleaning routine is once every 3 months and I think that is reasonable. I clean my black leather jacket with he same frequency. Remember just because the leather is black, doesn't mean it is clean. And the clean leather feels softer and more supple which so what I want.

The sporadic clean a spot if you see it, like the oil from the BMW tech is just common sense. What is interesting though is that it comes out instantly and that tells me that BMWs smooth Nappa and merino leathers clean very easily.
Appreciate 0