Dionysus
Captain
Rep
Drives: TBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW0412 View Post
1: he's reving a customer's car without permission in a cold start,
2: he was driving a customer's car with a crazy speed,
3: he was driving a customer's car in a parking lot with ice, and there are another 20 customer's car and dealer's new car parked in the parking lot at the same time
In all honesty, 1 & 2 probably happen more often than most of us dare/care to admit. I would put it down to chance that you happened to witness it this time (which can be more unpleasant then only suspecting mistreatment (say picking up car from service with excessive road test miles, slightly shredded tyres, etc.).

3 is a potential H&S issue and I'm sure the dealership would have reprimanded their employee accordingly. The dealership said they gave him a warning (written or verbal), so sounds as though they are following some form of disciplinary procedure (no idea what applies in Canada). Hopefully he'll learn from this mistake.

If you do change dealerships, it does not guarantee similar or worse will not reoccur. Only way any of us can assure ourselves this does not happen is to not let anyone else drive out cars; not the most practical option for most of us.

Hopefully on a more positive note, judging by the reviews, the M235i sounds like a fabulous drivers car - saw the 2 series at my dealership last week and they also looked great in real life - front end is more mini-3 series rather than 1 series. Is the M235i Racing not available in Canada?

Last edited by Dionysus; 03-19-2014 at 02:11 PM..
Appreciate 0