View Single Post
      11-17-2012, 12:38 AM   #2
krispykreme
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e90 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealth.pilot
Over the past few weeks I had been getting progressively disappointed with my re-delivery experience:
- Delays in scheduling for export
- Slow processing at VPC
- Oil Pump recall and delays
- BMW ED department not answering my emails at all

So a few days after my car reached Brunswick, I wrote to BMW Customer Service to raise these issues. They assigned a lady to this, Donna, who really made a massive difference and showed a lot of empathy. She was very friendly, listened well, sympathized, proactively communicated throughout, and was empowered to lobby Brunswick on my behalf. And she certainly succeeded in accelerating redelivery and in the resolving issues. While I haven't received a credit for the oil pump, she also has been pretty transparent about the process and I am confident she will resolve this too.

In fact now that I know this, I wish I had known this earlier. In fact my initial escalation should have been to BMW NA CS, and not BMW NA ED dept. In contrast to the CS team, the ED team seem to lack empowerment and therefore disengage. I am not saying the ED people don't care, just that their lack of empowerment leads to non responsiveness.
Welcome to the BMW ED and VPC circus.