View Single Post
      02-19-2010, 03:43 PM   #1
Mark
Administrator
Rep
Drives: 1M

Garage List
New M5 rendering said to be fairly accurate. Next M5 will come in touring variant

Name:  IMG_0281.JPG
Views: 6837
Size:  106.2 KB

This posting is as per Scott26/27

Quote:
Indeed that is awful. Good news (for me and the other countless M5 Touring owners throughout Europe et all) I was informed that there will be a F11 M5 Touring as the car has proved to be very popular even the final production models are being snapped up as we speak.

I think I may keep mine for posterity It will be the last of it's kind- N/A V10 , SMG gearbox plus one of the best all round cross continent cars out there today exceptional power , great speed insulated in superior comfort.
If you watch the MINI Countryman video look at the agile and fast camera car and listen carefully and you will here the sound of a 507PS M5 Touring drowned out.
Just to think all this in 10 years progression will be a distant memory.

I am told my M5 is on Autogespot although I do not have the time and patience to search through the thousands of entries for the M5 Touring.

Anyway I finally found the scans I was sent of the UK magazine "Car" of their interpretation of the M5. This is the front end and it gives a very good indication of the direction of the M cars in general. It's very close.

Mixing M3 detail with X5/X6M aggression the angular lines allow additional aerodyamic aids to be placed as lips on the upper edge of the intakes, this allows more aerodyanmic leeway to the car and will be a feature of future M cars. The larger kidney grille allows for the central intake to be smaller with the additional left and right indicates to be slightly larger.

As you can see this is one interpretation that has added the faired in typical M look to the headlights or "eyebags" rather than the fluid outlines of the headlights of the regular 5er sedan. The headlights are set deep and are more faired in for that more dynamic appearance , It is after all an M5.