10-26-2011, 05:52 AM   #47
Robin_NL
S0THPAW
Rep
Drives: HS M2 Competition

Thanx for sharing. Excellent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapezzul View Post
Nice- Recount, sounds like you had a blast!

The throttle lag you speak of is the traction control keeping you from spinning the wheels during the rain. Unless you had it in sport plus (all nannies off) which I doubt they let you do. The computer kills the torque curve so you don't just spin. This is why during the morning in the dry you did not experience this. DSC was saving you.

Its not a flaw it's a safety feature because 99.9% of people that buy this car can't truly handle it (not targeting you but I think you get my point). Having driven the M5 on Ascari earlier this year, I cam away with the car being much more tossable than it should be and it is much quicker around the track than the M3. You can hit the back kink at full throttle and brake before the chicane where if the front is set right you can go through much quicker than you think. Is it as precise in tight areas as the M3- nope but the car is much better sorted than is imaginable. FYI- It knocks even the M3 GTS out on the 'Ring.
This.

Anyway, I'm going 'back' to a 335i 6MT F30 next year. The 8 speed autobox which I have now also has some 'lag' in it. Downshifts when kickdown sometimes just take 'too long', annoying...
Appreciate 0