RPiM5
Major General
Rep
Drives: Black M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCarsFan
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPiM5 View Post
You all are silly if you think even for a minute BMW is going to have the same level of encryption on the next M5 as they do on the current S63tu. Yes the next M5 will most likely use another derivative of the S63tu but it will be tuned and designed differently for the next M5 and this also means brand new encryption on the DME's. Even the current 340i with that new engine has completely different encryption on it. It's going to take another 3-4 years probably, before tuners are able to figure out how to tune the next M5 engine, and that will be after the car makes its debut next year.

The next M5 will still be the benchmark and leader in its class when it is unveiled next year and will be better in every measurable way than a stock F10 M5, I won't be buying one though because I just don't think I can get over them using another version of the S63tu. The fact is though that the whole industry is changing and M Division has to succumb to producing an engine that is even more fuel efficient while at the same time cuts costs. They no longer have the freedom to design a 3.0L Twin Turbo V10 engine that is 30% more fuel efficient than the S63tu. Gone are the days we will ever see anything exciting come from ///M. The terrible sounding S55 was just the beginning, and what they put in the M2 is not even a real fully developed M engine. Mark my words, that one day we will witness an M5 that is full electric. I just hope I'm not around when that day comes.
On the electric comment, my understanding is that there is a target deadline for Tesla to sell 500,000 vehicles pa by 2018 and BMW is targeting 100,000 electric vehicle sales pa by 2020..
Exactly. Mercedes is even starting their own electric brand too. Many other car companies are introducing electric cars too. The world is changing. Sigh.

Appreciate 0