View Single Post
      03-09-2014, 09:06 PM   #91
PvsNP
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3/2014 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealth.pilot View Post
You get 15% off with the BMW CCA discount.

I think the program is great value. Remember it includes accommodation, free gifts including a BMW helmet, meals, tires (I'm sure you use a full set over the 2 days) and most important comprehensive insurance with no copay. You could total an M5 and wouldn't pay a dime. That doesn't apply at other programs. Also the tuition is top notch. I really learned to drive my car and that was priceless.
I understand, but this is North Carolina. It's not LA. The hotel stay does not cost $500/night and the insurance you are talking about can be purchased for $150-200 per track day in my area and that's a full comprehensive insurance - i.e. if I just get bored and hit a wall at 100 mph, they cover the cost of the car no questions asked.

I'm just saying, that's not a small amount of money and you could certainly enjoy several track days in a given year for less than that. Granted you won't get a BMW helmet or key chains and nobody will really pay attention to what you are doing as much as they do in the M school.
Appreciate 0