View Single Post
      02-25-2014, 03:25 PM   #9
RPiM5
Major General
Rep
Drives: Black M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by GNALUZU View Post
Are you sure about that? A quick Google search seems to provide info saying otherwise... Canadian Drivers in the US...

Think of it this way, with my radar detector example... If the driver has Canadian plates that doesn't make it legal to have a radar detector in VA.
Yes you are totally right. VA could still charge you with illegal possession of a radar detector. It won't matter if your car is registered in Tanzania and are a Tanzanian citizen, they won't care. I guess I should have used better words. If you are not a U.S. citizen, the Commonwealth of Virginia has no legal way to make you pay the fine. They can charge you all they want, but they won't try to call for extradition if you never pay that ticket. You just have to make sure you are never pulled over in Virginia ever again, as they would likely take you to jail and make you pay the fine. Then again, with Virginia I wouldn't be surprised if they tried to get the State Department to extradite you. Ha! Virginia is truly the worst.

It's the same story with Euro Delivery people going over to Europe and racking up tickets in Switzerland. I've heard of cases where some countries go through the trouble to track you down in your home country, but they have no way of making you pay. But like I said, the second you enter their country again, you can be arrested. So just don't go there again I say. Lol!

Appreciate 0