pkimM3r
Banned
Rep
Drives: m3 saloon in granny mode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPiM5
Quote:
Originally Posted by GNALUZU View Post
Sadly, it wouldn't matter where your car is licensed/registered. If your car is in a state where tint is illegal you can be pulled over for it. For example, when I was a kid we were moving from AZ to TX. We still had AZ plates on the car and, while in TX, we were stopped for illegal tint on the windows.

I'm guessing the same thing applies to radar detectors. If there illegal in VA it won't matter if you have different plates on the car.
Yeah that's my point. With Canadian plates, U.S. law can't do Shiite! The same thing would apply for Diplomatic plates, which I am working on getting one day. I would love to be in a situation where a State Trooper pulls me over for dark window tint and my car is registered in Canada or has Diplomatic plates. Lol! I guess the same would apply if you were to drive your U.S. registered M5 up into Canada. Of course you still have to obey traffic laws.
I have a friend whos friend claimed diplomatic immunity when he got pulled over. So the cops did a bunch of digging and other cops were pulling up and waiting for confirmation. And then the guy goes oh, i thought if i wasnt a citizen i could use it.
Appreciate 0