View Single Post
      02-25-2014, 07:49 PM   #13
SupremePower3335
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 335 MSport & 2018 X3 30i

Quote:
Originally Posted by uhn2000 View Post
My lord you guys in the US have the absolute best leases in the world! That car would be double here in Canada. I would totally do this and drive it here.. unfortunately its illegal..
+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPiM5 View Post
Yeah that's my point. With Canadian plates, U.S. law can't do Shiite! The same thing would apply for Diplomatic plates, which I am working on getting one day. I would love to be in a situation where a State Trooper pulls me over for dark window tint and my car is registered in Canada or has Diplomatic plates. Lol! I guess the same would apply if you were to drive your U.S. registered M5 up into Canada. Of course you still have to obey traffic laws.
Quote:
Originally Posted by avlnch View Post
In NJ/NY I have FL plates and FL DL and the police can't cite me for tints. I have been pulled over and that's what I said and the cop agreed.

However if the car is registered out of state or if you have an out of state DL and spend something like more than half the year in that state, you should have a DL in that state.

Legally I am not sure, I haven't looked up the law and read it, but that's my experience.
I am pretty sure you have to pay a hefty fine right there..also a friend got a ticket, paid it in Canada and eventually his license got suspended in Canada and he lost 6 demerit points..not good..