04-15-2013, 08:39 AM   #26
Used2be
Perennial PFC
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 DG/Aragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by (H) View Post
Spacegray was my absolute favorite (wanted it with Silverstone II extended interior) but then simply wasn't patient enough to wait and went with an inventory Singapore Grey with black interior.

I actually decided to put the reflectors back in. I now think that adding some "street" detail helps bring out the mod details.
And of course I am a sucker for your 19" wheels. I really prefer them over the 20inchers. Can't help it.
I originally ordered the Space Gray to blend in with the crowd of other models in the 5 series that also have the SG to be more low key, but with the great performance of the M. But I can't help putting some personalizing touches on the car, and am even thinking of (gasp!!) pin stripes. If done they'll be subtle, following body lines, but I think it might look good, to me at least. And I'm fairly sure that I will be having the body work done to remove the rear red reflectors, they just don't fit for me. And with the SG color I do like the front yellow/orange reflectors as an accent. Doesn't work with all the paint colors, but pleasant for me on the SG. And a USA signature, for better or for worse......

I do love the stock 19s, but it would be nice if an aftermarket company would step up with a good looking forged 19" for options in the wheel area. The M6 19" wheels are forged I've been told, but the rear with the 19mm offset would require fender mods to fit I believe.
Appreciate 0