Knight Commander
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2014 911 Turbo S

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by msamsen
Folks,

Is there something fundamentally wrong with this sale???? I'm sensing sarcasm regarding it.

By way of background, these wheels came off of the car of my wife's boss. He gave them to her and we are simply selling them for what we want to be a reasonable price. I realize that white is an unusual color for these wheels. I believe they retail for about $5K and I've seen them for sale on other boards for $3700. So, given the scratch on one near the bead, I thought the price was reasonable.

If that is not the case, please advise.

Again, I'm simply trying to dispose of them at a reasonable price (and get the boxes out of my basement...)

Regards,
Mike
The issue is that not many people want white wheels, especially not men.

It is worth finding out how much a local wheel shop would charge to refinish them back to silver. That way you will know how much to discount them for the color, eg to price to the guy above.

You should also ask some of the guys which have sold previous listings what they would pay.

Finally don't advertise on the M5 board. We already have these wheels. Advertise on the F10 5 series board. Those guys love these wheels because their cars only come with 18s or 19s.
Appreciate 0