BMWSauberF1
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremexlonly View Post
Hello! ***CORRECTION DRIVETRAIN MALFUNCTION***

I currently have a 16 CP with 65k that I have been modifying over the last 6 months. The list of mods can be seen below:

Eventuri Intake
Fabworx Downpipes
CSF Charge Coolers
Burger Charge Pipes
RK Diff Mount
KW V3
BM3 Stage 2 91
X-HP Transmission Flash

I have had a handful of times where I have applied 60-100% of throttle and the car would go into limp mode/transmission malfunction. I wanted to get other's insights on this. I have a feeling it may be with the BM3 tune, but am not exactly sure where it stems from. I have all my maintenance up to par, including rod bearings and NGK 97506 gapped at the .022 at 62k miles. As well, I had the fluids for both transmission and differential done last month. If others can provide any experience or corrective action, that would be great! I want to enjoy the extra power and sound of these beasts, but always worrying about the transmission malfunction, it does limit on how hard I can drive. Thanks a bunch!!!

That definitely sounds like you’re getting misfires and then the car is turning the cylinders that are misfiring off once you see the drivetrain malfunction. Which is why it probably feels super slow once that pops up. Pull the codes when you get that drivetrain malfunction. It’s kinda weird your still getting those issues after changing your plugs but maybe you didn’t gap them small enough like the previous guy said .20 will probably fix the issue but I can almost guarantee that your not having issues with your trans. If you did the plugs back in April maybe theyve already fouled? Are you running any octane booster or anything I know I had that issue in the past with my old S4 that was tuned it would foul the plugs and cause misfires if I’d run octane booster. Either way I’d think about getting new plugs I bet that will fix your issue.
Appreciate 0