View Single Post
      09-14-2012, 05:55 AM   #73
bobblehead
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: warp speed

For your 19" ...you should be doing square setup, try to avoid staggered. 255/40/19 is the size and the choice would be:
Bridgestone LM60
Michelin PA4
Pirelli Sotto 240 Series 2
Nokian Hakka R

Those are the ones I would go for.

The BBS CH-R 19" I also looked at coouple of months ago and BBS has not test fitted onto the M5, therefore, if you buy them, you are on your own if they don't fit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebishman View Post
I pick up my M5 on Saturday. Very excited as I've owned an E39 and E60 variant before and loved them both. As part of the negotiations the dealership agreed to allow me to purchase a set of the 19" OEM rims for invoice so that I can use them for winter tyres and to potentially throw some track tyres on them next season.

My question: can anyone recommend a decent set of winter tyres and sizes for me for the OEM 19" rims? I am fine going with a staggered set-up so as not to upset the handling too much, also the winters here are generally pretty mild. On my E60 I went with Pirelli Sottozeros and they worked fantastic for me in up to 6" of fresh powder. Frankly the look on the faces of pick-up drivers as I pulled around them to pass was classic. I will admit that IF I lived in an area with truly epic winter conditions like some of you here, the Sottozero would not be my choice.

BTW, I was wanting to perhaps buy a set of 19" BBS CH wheels for my winter/track set-up but I don't see them offered in that size for the F10 M5 on the Tirerack website. Should I wait until some are released or would the OEM 19"s be the wheel of choice?

TIA,
Bish
Appreciate 0