View Single Post
      02-28-2012, 10:37 PM   #1
singularity
Driver
Rep
Drives: M5 (F10)

Exclamation Drivetrain. Maximum power not available. Drive moderately. (F10 M5)

My car has 750 km on it and the error message "Drivetrain. Maximum power not available. Drive moderately." happened twice now.

First time was at 7 km, I took it out of dealership into the gas station, filled fuel and got this message. I called the salesperson and he said it's probably due to bad fuel (even though it was a premium 98, best one). I switched the car off and back on, it disappeared.

The second time it happened was an hour ago. I was driving at 150 km/h stable, fuel was at about 25% (no warning lights) and suddently the warning message comes up asking me to drive moderately. I stopped on the roadside and while I was in neutral checking the control message, I sensed a lot of shaking in the vehicle, as if it was struggling or choaking. In hopes that switching it off/on would help - it didn't. Then I turned it off completely, locked doors, came back in - the warning message was still on, but the "shaking" of the car was gone. I was pretty angry to the point that babying the car gave me these issues on top of some strange "bung" sound from the trunk that comes every time I slowly pass a speed-up - all these made me angry to the point that I drove off with the message exactly as it advised me "drive moderately". After about 10 minutes of driving it disappeared.

I'm taking the car to the dealer tomorrow to have this checked up, along with the annoying "bung" noise from an empty trunk (empty car) when driving gently, as if I'm carrying a metal baseball bat in my trunk. I'll update the topic as soon as there's an answer, I'm sure these error messages are logged along with reasons that caused them.

My M6 E63 never had anything like this in its 40000 km, I hope these machines have more than a pretty face because durability and build quality are becoming a question to me already.

On a side-note, what's the best way to keep the small holes in ventilated seats clean of dust? I saw something small went in one of the holes today and I couldn't take it out. How are these designed to be kept clean? Hopefully it has more to it than pushing dirt inside the seat to make it look clean (car vacuum cleaner won't take them out and a stronger vacuum cleaner would suck the leather and leave a visible defect).

Looks like some ugly issue affecting 535/550s too:
http://f10.5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=478030
http://f10.5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=553507

Last edited by singularity; 02-28-2012 at 10:56 PM..
Appreciate 0