View Single Post
      05-20-2015, 05:39 PM   #21
Ex_Stig
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '24 X7 M60i

Garage List
2024 BMW X7 M60  [10.00]
Okay, I think I can answer your questions and give you some insight on this one. I previously had a 2011 M3 Competition Package. During that time I was a freelance auto journalist and went to Miller Motorsport Park to do the 2 Day Boss 302 Driving school for an article I was writing. Spent a day on the track in the 302 and the 2nd day on the track in their full race prepped 500FRS.

About 16 months ago I moved from the M3 to a 2014 M5 with Competition Package. Here are my thoughts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hori View Post
-Is it docile in comfort mode, no breaking tires all the time at stop and go? dont want to scare hell out of wife when shes driving it.
Absolutely. When left in comfort mode the car is extremely docile and very comfortable. People above are saying that you should look at the 7 series, however, coming out of the Boss 302, the M5 will feel like a luxury sedan.

My wife has driven my M5 many times and never has a problem with it. She just leaves it in auto mode.

Quote:
- Hows is the ride quality, is it still comfortable in the comfort mode? not bone jarring.
Yes, the ride quality is very nice. It does get stiff if you dial up the suspension, but I have really enjoyed the M5 after having the M3. For an example, on an undisclosed surface, I happened to be cruising at a fast rate of speed and my wife sat in the passenger seat comfortably surfing the web on her phone. She had absolutely no idea how fast we were going, but the computer in the car said we couldn't go any faster.

Quote:
-Ok about the power , I am torque junky and like the push you get from powerful modern V8 engines, I know in reviews they say how fast this thing is does it really pin you back when you kick down?
When you get on the full boost, the car throws you back in your seat. You won't be let down.

Quote:
does it keep straight when all the nannies are on?
For the most part, yes. However, computers can't overcome the power of physics.

[/QUOTE]-Any recalls or things to ask dealer about in particular?
-oil burning, do they all do it? something to ask dealer?[/QUOTE]

Almost 11k miles on my M5 and not a single problem to report. 14.2mpg over that time period (because I don't drive gingerly).

'25 M5 Touring (on the list, first slot)
'24 X7 M60i
'22 M5 CS - (sold)
Appreciate 0