View Single Post
      10-13-2013, 05:04 PM   #5
Dionysus
Captain
Rep
Drives: TBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by utmiken View Post
This product is sprayed on correct? Can anyone comment on durability thus far?

I was hoping for the look of Cquartz Finest but the durability of Optocoat 2.0

I'm currently 12 months into 22PLE and so far it's held up very well here in hot, humid Houston.
BC-06 is sprayed on (heat resistant to 1300 deg. C - can be used on wheels/exhaust, but overkill IMO).

BC-03 (hydrophilic) & BC-05 (hydrophobic) are applied similar fashion to 22PLE (although I believe BC-03 utilises wet microfiber to remove residue), however, care/experience is advised/needed as best to apply as a thick coating and has potential to go very wrong (my car has the P-01A primer, so Paul said total coating thickness should be 3-5 microns assuming worst case).

I have only had it on my car for 6 weeks so cannot comment on durability yet, however, it fully hardens over 2 weeks, so the gloss has improved from the pictures/video above. Finish is optically clear.

I have previous had GTechniq C1 + EXO on my cars (easily got 2 years plus from that if professionally applied), and initial impressions are that Modesta BC-05 will simple blow that combo away.

BC-05 is heat resistant to 1000 deg. C - the only thing sticking to my paintwork is tree sap (can easily be knocked off with finger nail - with care) - tar is not sticking (it's simply removed with slightly firm pressure on wash mitt) and so far I have no baked on brake dust spots on the wheels, although have only done 900-ish miles.

Only thing it's not able to do is add much noticeable resistance to stone/rock chips - which F10 paintwork seems to be quite susceptible to. I didn't go with a paint shield/clear bra as I didn't like the finish of the films.

HTH.

Last edited by Dionysus; 10-13-2013 at 05:27 PM..
Appreciate 0