View Single Post
      03-05-2014, 07:19 PM   #14
avlnch
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2013 Individual M5

Notes on install:

1. BMW changed suppliers for black chrome parts. It does not match the old supplier black chrome. Most interesting, the black chrome looks identical to 668 black paint.

In the photo I posted earlier: the right front grille is black paint, the left front grille (NV side) is black chrome. You cannot tell a difference between the two.

2. After I transferred my NV camera into the new LCI housing, the back plate that secures the camera did not fit. I need a new "LCI part" (that being the back plate). Working on finding the part #.

Temporarily, I installed the non-nv left front grille. I zip tied my LI jammer and the NV plug together and to the radiator bracket. I taped over the plug with electrical tape to prevent water from getting into the connector. I tucked the NV lens washer fluid tube away.

3. I started the car up with the NV unplugged and no error appeared. I turned the lights on and off, and I press the NV button to enable it, however pressing the button did nothing. So currently I can say that the car is error free with NV unplugged. I haven't driven the car yet after I unplugged it. I don't think that would matter though.
Attached Images