01-13-2013, 06:04 PM   #64
uhn2000
Big K...
Canada
Rep
Drives: M3CS BX7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer6 View Post
I think at some point many need to understand we drive a very nice car, and it's not perfect. No car builder will always have the fastest car, and I assume like many we buy a car based on the value and over all experience. Hell if you want a fast car just buy the new Camaro that thing smokes, but guess what it does not meet the overall value.

Less than 10% of the drivers will use the M5 for it's full potential. I love reading the stories, and I have not read any really cool track stories so what is the car being used for? Drive the kids, go to Starbucks and open it up and hope the cops are looking right? Oh yeah add some mods and make it look really cool. Love the board which really helped with my ED experience, but these rants abou not having the fastest car is pretty over done when we are not reading some great race stories. Reving the engine in the parking lot it not racing by the way(: just have fun guys I love my M5 and it's cool driving to Starbucks(:
You really could not have said it better. Today I really thought I was going to lose my license. I was cruising along the highway and I just decided to punch it a little and 2 seconds later I am at 170 and 20 over the racing law limit. I freaked as I had this crazy feeling a cop of was pacing me.

The M5 is a perfect all around vehicle. All you ///M5 bashers I sincerely doubt many of you will jump ship and get an E63 AMG. Outside of the black series, SLS, and maybe the G wagon, Mercedes has an unattractive portfolio to my eyes.