View Single Post
      05-11-2014, 10:02 PM   #1
RajG
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 M5 CP

Possible lemon M5?

I need some advice. . . This is the 2nd time I’m posting about my frustrating drivetrain malfunctions. I’ve had my M5 for only 2 months (1700 miles) and it’s been to the dealership 4 times already for drivetrain malfunction errors. I know the drivetrain malfunction error can be caused by a number of different issues, but mine appear to be related to the transmission. The car really struggles to find a gear when the error comes on and there will be moments where there’s no acceleration even though my foot is on the gas pedal. The car’s been at the dealership since last week and on Friday they said the part they thought would fix the issue didn’t work. I was told the service manager would be calling me on Monday to discuss getting a replacement M5 since they can’t fix the issue.

Have you guys experienced anything like this where your car may need to get replaced?

I assume the dealership would have to order the car since they don’t have a similarly spec’d one on their lot. Ordering the car would mean I won’t have a car for the next 2 months, but I will still have my lease payment. How far would a dealership go to swap with another dealership if they had a similarly spec’d car? Should I also pursue Lemon Law relief?
Appreciate 0