View Single Post
      06-24-2013, 10:03 AM   #55
Vic55
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M8 Competition Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom C View Post
At a track, with good track prep and properly heated and aired down drag radials... My money would be on you. Now how strong is the M differential when sending 560+rwtq through it...and dead hooking? I am not sure. But AWD cars will have a hard time out launching the type of set up I described. Most AWD cars are limited in doing a proper burn out so they would not benefit as much as a RWD set up. Yes, OEM tire to OEM tire, the AWD car will have a big advantage and much more consistent launches.

Where the AWD AMG will shine is during every day driving from a dig where there is zero to limited pre meditation and prep. The average Joe will just lay down the pedal and go. But the overall AWD S numbers of the AMG are not yielding higher traps speeds so I would guess the AWD powertrain is sucking up power up top. I would think the M would beat this car from a roller- 40 to 160.

As for the tune- Nick you have the proper mentality which is "pay to play". If it goes boom (which it wont) then you understand the consequences. Ive been doing this for well over a decade.
2020 Audi R8 V10 Performance Suzuka Gray
2012 Mercedes Benz C63 AMG Black Series Obsidian Black
Appreciate 0