View Single Post
      03-03-2014, 08:34 PM   #32
NikB316
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2014 M5 Competition, F83 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by v12 View Post
Nobody knew what BMW FS would do for March when you placed your order/ signed papers (last tuesday?).
Don't beat yourself up.

Congrats on the car! Pics?
Thanks...I should have been smart enough to know there was no way in hell they would drop the residual granted how many Ms are sitting around. What I did for my mothers 550GT was put the deposit down & credit app end of the month and not pickup the car until the next month first few days so I could get the better of the two months.

It's not even the $100...anyone driving an M5 should be able to spare $100. It's more of the principle that it was just a matter of 96 hours and most importantly I didn't even think about it. Didn't even occur to me to think about it. Swamped with other stuff that I think this was the deal I put the least effort into. I rightfully beat myself up if it's something I could have possibly prevented.

I'll get over it after this break in period.

At least tint & IND goodies are getting put on Wednesday, custom radar & laser next weekend and DP & Tune 1st or 2nd week of April.

Yes, I should stop complaining and enjoy the car. I think I will avoid the pricing section of a forum after taking delivery lol!

On another note this car really gets more amazing day after day. Comfort + Power FTW. I'm going into a business venture with my father and it's nice to have something comfortable we can both drive and enjoy from the passenger seat. My M3 didn't cut it for longer rides and my father has a Mas GranTurismo S which is way too much for pulling up to business meetings. The M5 can stay stealthy.

Back on topic..pics to come Wednesday I'll have some cool before and afters.

Guys, JUMP ON THIS DEAL.

Invoice and below pricing + 60%+ residual!!!

Absolutely amazing. Leasing cannot get more attractive. BMW is going to have fun taking back these cars in 3 years. They will be worth 50% max IMO.

Even if I wanted to buy out a car new from the beginning, I would lease it first (granted I planned on keeping it for at least 3 years). You get to try out the car and get the assurance that BMW will buy the car back from you at "x" amount. If the market is strong and you like the car, buy it out. If the market sucks you aren't left holding the bag. Also ties up less capital from the get go. Only advantage to buying new is catching a 1-2% interest rate.

I know people that drive a lot of miles usually avoid leasing but I see it another way. If my lease is for 30k miles and I put say 70k miles on it. Buying the miles ahead of time is only 16 cents per mile (20 cents on a 7 series). Paying an extra $6400 sounds more appealing than trying to sell a 3 year old M5 with 70k miles on it. I almost feel such high miles with kill the value more like $10k and really limit your buyers.

2014 M5 Competition Alpine/Sakhir
BMS Tune. Undercover Performance Custom Downpipes & Connector. H&R 10mm Spacers. BMW CF Rear Spoiler. IND Cosmetics. ALP & BEL Radar & Laser.
2011 Space Grey E92 M3 AA Gen 2 Lvl 3 586whp 398wtq SAE (sold)
Appreciate 0