View Single Post
      06-03-2014, 09:21 AM   #28
turbo8765
Captain
Rep
Drives: very fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timberwolf View Post
What was the wheel hp? That's all anyone cares about. Crank hp is a dream unless you are testing on an engine dyno.
Correction factors vary greatly as well. What most people don't realize is how efficient the DCT is, and how little it robs from the power curve. I'm assuming your results are with a 15% drivetrain loss?
Here in the States, we use dynojets and mustang dynos and others, which all vary as well, but wheel hp gives us a more accurate sense of things.
From the speedo, your car seems no faster than mine. Mine having dps, intake, exhaust delete and bms.
EXACTLY! What was the MAHA whp.

The MAHA overestimates DT loss because DT loss on most modern cars is greater under decel than accel due to varible resistance of alternator etc...

The MAHA previously estimated DT loss for an F10 at 19%. The real nuber is more like 12%.

The crank number you are quoting is likely at leat 5% high, more likely 7% high. Therefore 791 crank with 19% DT loss = 735 with 12% DT loss. Bigg difference.

Furthermore, you can't assume that your mods added power. You should redyno to confirm before quoting additional hp.
Appreciate 0