View Single Post
      04-08-2011, 02:46 PM   #66
NCAA 77
NCAA 77
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 ///M3 Competition

While I agree that the M brand imbues raw performance and thrilling dynamics, I do believe that there is room for an M AWD variant. I too am up in the Midwest and even though I just recently picked up a 2011 550xi M Sport, I would have gone with an AWD M3 in a heartbeat. An AWD M5 would be even better. The purists will hate it but BMW is in the business of selling cars, and the consumer can pick which one he or she wants. If BMW has done the research and finds a demand for AWD M coupes or sedans, then they should be allowed to manufacture them. No one forces a consumer to buy any car, so the purists complaining that the M brand is being ruined need to get over it. Times have changed, NA performance cars are too thirsty, and the average driver (who may be able to afford a $65K car but lacks the driving skill) may need at least FWD to control the car. Also, not everyone lives in warm weather climates, so why should areas with snow not be able to enjoy perhaps one of the finest automobiles out there? The same people who may say "forget AWD for the M, just put snow tires on it in the winter" are the same people who slam current M owners for driving their beauties in the winter. You can't have it both ways.
Appreciate 0