05-16-2012, 02:18 PM   #25
jphughan
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 Cayman GT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
My two biggest complaints are 1) the lack of ventilated seats as a standalone option as it is on the M6, and 2) Individual leathers aren't full as they are on the M6 with leather dash and upper door trim.
I was initially irritated about ventilated seats not being available separately, but after reading reviews of them on other BMW models, I don't think I'd be missing out, plus the perforations can be a hassle when cleaning, as I mentioned in an earlier post in this thread.

The Individual leather can be ordered to include dash and doors by going the Individual Special Order route, but the price hasn't been specified. Honestly the leather in those areas is pretty lame feeling (feels thin and hard like transmission tunnel leather on an M3 with Extended, not soft and plush like the main door panel leather), so it's nothing special, but then again a plastic dash is kind of weird too on an M5....

The sound systems are virtually indistinguishable. Maybe B&O is more of a difference compared to the base stereo that other markets get, but the US gets the Premium Hi-Fi system standard. I tried the two back to back and couldn't really tell a difference even with the windows up, all EQ settings flattened on both cars, and listening to quality sources. Neither is mind-blowing, but I'd say both are very good to excellent.

My build would be:
Tanzanite Blue exterior
Silverstone Full interior
Aluminum
20"
HUD (strongly recommend this after seeing it!!!)
6MT, still on the fence about this
BMW Apps, possibly (just as futureproofing and also to control Pandora reliably while connected via USB)

Gone but not forgotten:
'11.75 M3 E92 Le Mans | Black Nov w/ Alum | 6MT (owned 5/2011 - 11/2015)

Last edited by jphughan; 05-16-2012 at 02:25 PM..
Appreciate 0