View Single Post
      06-14-2012, 07:49 AM   #9
AGS
Major
Rep
Drives: 2022 M5 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by philly-dee View Post
Those of you leasing, how many are doing the max security deposits? I looks like a pretty damn good investment when you look at the Cap cost of this automobile.
Yes, doing all 7 because as you stated it is a DAMN good investment. For my particular situation it reduces my monthly payment by over $80 per month. That equates to a 10.4% guaranteed annual return after tax! Can't beat that with a stick in the current economic environment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmhsam View Post
I will be doing MSD but it all depends on the money factor and residual. If it makes more sense to finance vs lease then I will go that route.
Just my own opinion, but the residual should not influence your decision on finance vs. lease if you intend to buy the car at the end of the lease anyway. The deciding factor should be the difference in rate between lease and financing. However, I would argure that it is better to lease even if it's at a marginally higher rate given the put option the lease gives you. If it turns out the first model year of the F10 has a ton of bugs/mechanical issues, or if your car turns out to be the lemon of the bunch, the put option could be very valuable.
Appreciate 0