05-20-2014, 12:47 PM   #20
soooma
///MD
United_States
Rep
Drives: M5 F90

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPiM5 View Post
Well let's just say I did do some spirited driving. The thing is that, the speed limit is either 45mph or 35mph along the entire road. It is truly on of the best roads I have ever seen. One good thing is that there are no VA State Troopers on it, but it is patrolled by Federal Park Rangers. So getting is speeding ticket there is considered a federal offense, but I'll still take that over having to deal with the Virginia police and judicial system. The Park Rangers only use K and Ka Radar and either drive white SUV's or white Ford Crown Vic's, which makes them easy to spot too. They don't use VG2 systems or Stalkers either, nor any laser systems. The biggest problem is that the entire road is mostly blind corners, so you never know what's behind the next turn, however I will say that a good radar detector will detect their radar from behind the turn, giving you a couple seconds to slow down in time.

However, now that I've driven the whole road, I really do understand why the speed limit is so low and I agree that it needs to be. There are miles and miles of turns with no guard rails whatsoever. It can be quite dangerous for someone in a regular non high performance car or with little driving skill.
Appreciate 0