2010 M5  [10.00]
2016 BMW 340xi M Sport  [9.00]
2019 X5 50i M Sport  [5.50]
2010 535xi  [0.00]
2013 M5  [0.00]
2012 X5 M  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kefler View Post
Drove a 6MT for my whole life in all cars before the M5. 2 months in, I am loving it. But it's definitely not the same as manual. But I also am not sure I'd want a manual M5 over this... it just doesn't quite fit the car, but I also never tried it. I still sometimes push an imaginary clutch and end up kicking the floor though.

I do agree, for all-out fast driving the DCT is awesome. For medium-sporty driving, its hard to achieve w/ the DCT, and often feels like the transmission is lagging. I was always able to drive my 335i in a "fast but not crazy fast" manner. That might be harder now because of the huge amount of power though, too.
Trust me! the manual tranny fits the car,....I was too a bit concern about getting the MT over a DCT car! Let me say this,...hearing the engine breathe through gear changes is like listening to ELO's greatest hits without commercials!,...or Phil Collins,...or Stairway to Heaven by any artist that served it justice!

I will say this,...I'd like to drive a DCT car just to experience the lightening fast gear changes!