06-16-2011, 06:21 PM   #69
King335i
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 E92 M3 CP 6MT, '13 X1 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingray23 View Post

I bet if the M5 was an actual piece of shit on wheels it would still attract the fanbois. I think the M5 looks great overall, but they could've done some things differently. I do not like the fender vents, I think the stock 5 series hood is ugly and the M5 should've been given its own unique hood. The wheels could've been a lot nicer then M6 look a like wheels from the previous generation. I'm sure its gonna be a great pkge, but there are other cars out there that give you just as much if not more. And the CTS-V coupe really has to be seen in person to appreciate its look. Some may not like it because they are afraid to be different and need a conservative looking car so they dont stick out(insecurities). Or they HAVE to be seen in an import because god forbid someone sees them in anything domestic. But its a great car that will not break the bank, especially compared to the new $100K super sedans.
I am hoping the extensive aftermarket community for BMWs will take care of the conservative look of the M5. Perhaps a vented hood, some side skirts, who knows. I think with some slight mods the F10 could be VERY aggressive, but in an elegant manner.

Do want!

2007 E92 335i--SG, Fully loaded, minus the dead weight..err..iDrive and Active Steering.
Appreciate 0