View Single Post
      03-24-2015, 07:18 PM   #1
e92MMM
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: e92 m3 frozen

drive train noise in sport+

Is anyone else getting a clunking sound when throttle is applied in sport plus setting, all gears in manual only. it is very bad cruising on the highway in 4th 5th just tapping on and off the throttle. It is only the very initial throttle application and it only has to be a light tap. Just enough to jerk the car back and it is most apparent in sport+ with the aggressive throttle response. I then experience some forward clunk when i come off the throttle as well. It does not happen in other throttle setting as throttle is applied smoothly ant therefor not producing the clunking sound and feel.

I have had the car completely gone through by BMW and they found nothing with the differential or anything else. I feel it comes more from the front of the car and is not the differential. i have sheered a diff bolt on an e92 m3 so i know what a diff moving feels like. this is a similar jolt forward and back when on and off the gas though.

Bmw tech reset my dct apparently and said it could have been the transmission but the problem is still there.

Anyone experience this or heard any similar issues? any help would be much appreciated !
68 528 hemi dodge dart
69 598 jon kaase boss mustang
Appreciate 0