ZMM_OMG
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 M3

Garage List
2015 M3  [0.00]
2009 BMC Pro Machine  [10.00]
LOL... "Beat My Crotch"! I'm surprised to hear that, because since I started paying attention to BMC they've been revered as having a pretty smooth ride.

I absolutely LOVE this bike! Compared to my Trek 2.1 (which shared geometry with the Madone), it's a much more agressive geometry. The Trek has a slightly longer wheelbase and requires a bit less concentration in a straight line, but the BMC corners and descends like it's on rails and is more responsive to inputs. It's just soooo willing to take a line!

The ride is interesting: It's not quite as plush as a high-end Madone or a Tarmac, but it's smooth and lively. It reminds me of my e46 since it's very balanced and the feedback always lets me know where the grip is. If I were to change anything about the current build, I'd probably throw on a carbon stem and handlebars to quiet just a bit of the road vibration at the front.

As is the trend with recent race bikes, the chain stays and the area around the bottom bracket are really beefy and the power transfer is amazing. I'm not someone who puts down a ton of wattage, but I can definitely feel the increase in snap and acceleration in this bike, which comes in handy in tight, technical criteriums.

Competitive Cyclist did a review (
) and it's pretty much spot on.
Appreciate 0