Thread: M5 as a Daily??
View Single Post
      03-15-2014, 09:07 PM   #14
jlee
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M2CS+GTS Targa+RRS SVR

So I think this winter has been very unusual, we got wintery weather every other week. But this weather has been making me ask myself this very question every day since I bought my M5 in November.

I LOVE the car, having owned every M3 so far and this being my first M5 I think the F10 M5 is a great car. However, I traded my X5M in for this car...and I've been wishing every day that I hadn't.

Right now I'm debating on whether to trade it back in for an X5 5.0 M Sport. My dealer ordered me one in almost the same color combo as my M5...

I'm not sure winters on this car would work. Until the last few years cars haven't had this kind of torque. Also there isn't exactly a snow setting to dial back the power. My rear end kicks out on cold days..

So I ended up just getting a set of Blizzaks for my M3 and using that for this winter....I may get the X5, Cayenne or maybe wait for the Macan.

Just in case we get another winter like this, I need a little ground clearance and AWD with winters to get around.

i say all this but i probably will keep it, i can't bear parting with it.

Jeff
Appreciate 0