View Single Post
      08-20-2012, 09:23 PM   #7
nv6425
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X7 Dark Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGS View Post
Yes, that's why I said "some" flexibility. "Most" flexibility is probably more accurate. I spent a lot of time on swapslease in feb/march when it was not clear if the F10 M5 would be here before my E60 lease expired. I talked to a few guys and they all said the lease swap experience was miserable. A lot of tire kickers trolling for a cut rate deal. Plus BMW is very tough on credit approval for people trying to assume a lease. One guy said he had 6 people denied by BMW FS to assume his lease.
This is completely accurate for my recent experience on my 2012 M3. I talked to/exchanged emails with 32 people and the guy who finally took over my lease had to do it in his father's name. I was asking for my MSDs of $6K back and had MANY people ask me to pay them to take over my lease even though I was very clear that I was not desperate nor flexible. At the end of the day, I got exactly what I was asking for, but it was a taxing effort. And yes, BMW FS is very strict on lease takeovers - there is no motivation for them to be easy on either party.